Thursday, January 22, 2009

Finally finished a layout:



























I made this for Challenge #20 "Use Your Stash" over at Dream Girls (their link is listed under my "Blogs That Inspire Me" and you can also click on the title to this post). The challenge was to use patterned papers that were older than six months, use a paper tearing technique and use the title "I'm Not...". All of these patterned papers are far older than six months and the SHY alpha's are several YEARS old..lol. I saw the painted and stitched edges in the layout "Best Buds" by Suzy Plantamura and had to give it a try. Suzy added sequins to the stitched border but I went with black brads so I could turn them into musical notes. My paper tearing is actually my photo paper..lol. I tore and ripped the edges of my pic. I wanted to keep straight lines on the border strips and I used the Martha Stewart embossed edge punch for the BG paper.

I also went shopping at my favorite vintage store again but it's late so I'll post pics tomorrow.

I'm a little worried because my camera is not working properly. It works but you can't see anything on the display screen. I think maybe the flash or light that makes it work is shot or something. If anyone has had this happen to your camera, please give me a comment and help me figure out what this is. I'm hoping it's something simple since it does work.

Thanks!
Nik

10 comments:

Dolores said...

such a pretty layout! I love the design!

Kim Dellow said...

That LO is beautiful. Kim

Anonymous said...

first time at your blog, and it's so fun! loving that new layout. it's beautiful. :)

will def be back to read more!

hugs,
sarah

Karen Lee said...

Great new layout!

Erika said...

Cute new LO!! That problem happened to me last year with my camera. I freaked out but luckily it was still under warranty at Best Buy. Did you buy insurance or extra warranty for it? If so, check into it! They had to send it into a shop to get it fixed...but they never really told me what was wrong. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your fixed!

Glenda T. said...

What a pretty layout, I love your title and fun goodies on it. Thanks for playing along with us at Dream Girls!

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful LO! Love the colors!!!

Sophia said...

That is a beautiful LO! Thanks for playing along with us!

Pam said...

Fab layout, Nikki! BTW - check out my blog because you've been tagged ;)

Jodee said...

Great LO! I think you did a wonderful job using your supplies!