Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Treasured Scrapbooking is hosting a very fun contest called "We Love our Members" and I just finished my second week layout submission. This was my first week submission: Life is Like A Box of Chocolates. Here were the challenge requirements for Week One:
1. You must use only the colors pink, red, brown, and white/cream for your layout.
2. You must have one pair of wings on your layout.
3. You must have three hearts on your layout.
4. You must have one bow on your layout.
5. You must use "Life is Like a Box of Chocolates..." as the title of your layout.
I spent a little bit of time on the cut-work but I really like how it turned out. Wasn't sure where to put the bow so I just tied it to the left branch and thought that worked. Products used for the Week One submission were: Bazzil cardstock,
Basic Grey Blush, My Mind's Eye Magnolia pack (hot pink), Anna Griffin (light pink flourish), Making Memories Sabrina Transparency Sheet, Cloud 9 Design chipboard circle, Fancy Pants Fun & Free wing stamp, American Crafts Jewelry Box Thickers, Colorbok Ink, Signo white pen, Royal Brush glitter rub-ons, ribbon and stitching.
My Week Two Submission's theme had to be on what type of girl I am based on Teleflora's Categories. The layout requirements were:
1. Use one of the categories from the teleflora website as the title of your layout.
2. Use only one photo.
3. The photo you use must have you in it (there can be other people, as long as we can see you).
4. Use at least 10 flowers.
5. You must include journaling as to why you are this type of girl.
6. Your journaling must be on a journaling card or tag of some sort
Here is the link to the Teleflora's site with the categories:
Products used for this layout were: Bazzil Cardstock, Basic Grey Scarlett Letter, Die Cuts With A View scallop cardstock, Memory Maker's journal box, bird, flowers and brads, Paper Studio lace, additional flowers from Walmart and Michael's, Goose Biots feathers by Crafts Etc., gold mesh, and pens from Zig & Signo.
Click on the title of this post to check out Treasured Scrapbooking and their fun contest! You'll be glad you did :D
****Oh yeah, I may have some very exciting news to share*********