Monday, March 2, 2009

Layouts From the DP Crop:

I'm not really happy with a lot of the layouts I made during the crop. I think I lost my mojo somewhere this weekend :( Most of the time, I can get so creative when in a rush and hurried but this weekend, I just couldn't seem to get it together. Nothing special or exciting about this layout of my daughter from her prom in 2007. I should have added more ribbon and maybe a touch of journaling but like I said, I wasn't really into this layout.


I do like this one of my sweet Mother-In-Law. I used one of her doily flowers as an embellishment and then added the lace to die in with it. The design is a sketch from ScrappyDonna at Dixie Pieces. Thanks Donna! The flourishes are a combination of cricut cuts and hand doodling. I used paint instead of ink for the distressing and lots of stitching to give it a "Grandma" feel. I couldn't even remember the name of the baby (my sister-in-law has six girls, by the way) but that's ok. This is going in her album. I miss her so much :(


This is almost a direct lift of Tracey Odachowski's Daydreaming layout. I loved the design and had to give it a lift. I used rub-ons and fancy-cut them out for the side embellishements and added some hand-drawn flourishes. The teal-looking paint is actually not paint at all. I won a pack of Black Magic cardstock by Cordinations from 2 Scrappy Chix Design's Crop Your Heart Out Online Crop and just sanded a piece of black/teal cardstock. I love how it looks like lightly painted paper.

This one is a lift of "long story short" by Elizabeth Dillow. I love the clean lines and simple design of her layout and thought it would work with a couple of pics from my stay at the Police Academy. As you can see, my poor sewing machine sure does get a work out. I can't seem to make a layout that doesn't have some sort of stitching...lol. Click on the title of this post if you want to check out Dixie Pieces. Their Online Crops are fantastic and all of the ladies are so talented and friendly. You'll love it there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. Awesome layouts. I love the one with the scalloped circle. Love the colors.