Friday, June 26, 2009

MI ALMA


Finished my layout for Let's Get Shabby's 1st Challenge. It is an INSPIRATION challenge. My inspiration for this layout was the silk florals that I plucked from an old arrangement. I loved the cream color with a touch of mauve in the roses and I also took the colors from the picture as inspiration. I wanted to use blue butterflies to pull out the blue in her jacket. The florals also matched the color in her shawl. The Anna Griffin paper worked great with the florals and also matched my color scheme. I purchased the old lace from a yard sale. The alpha stickers were old and from an album that you personalize the front of. I placed them on chipboard and cut them out and pop-dotted them to add more dimension since the florals had so much dimension. I rounded all corners of patterned paper and on the picture to soften it as well.

Be sure to head over to Let's Get Shabby and get your submission in on time. This month's prize is a $50 gift certificate for Purple Onion Designs!! How awesome it that?? Just click on the title to the post or the link above to check it out.

TGIF!
Nik

8 comments:

Chimene said...

Hi Nikkie,

What a beautiful page!!!
I love the lace, fabric, details and papers you used! Super!

Thanks for playing along with Let's get Shabby

xxxx
Chimene

Julie said...

Hey there Missy N. Just love what ypu have done with the shabby inspiration. Those butterflies really do make the blue come out. Gorgeous.

Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby.

mandysea said...

This is lovely!! Love that floral and your old lace - just gorgeous!!!

This has such a wonderful shabby chic feel to it!
Thanks for playing along at shabby!

Hilde Janbroers said...

great layout!!!

Jenneke said...

Love this page!!! Wonderful lace and alphas!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shabby!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layout!

Maria said...

What a lovely shabby chique layout, love the lace.
Maria K.

Toni said...

Nikkie, This is so cute!!! Great job on the challenge!!!