Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Layouts & a Carolina Crop!!!!


I didn't get a chance to share the rest of my new layouts so here are a couple more. 2 + 1 = 3 is a gift for my co-worker (the guy in the picture). He gave me two small wallet size pictures to work with. I gave his wife a 6 x 6 album for their baby shower and he thought she might want a 12 x 12 to frame. This layout is also my submission for Nov. GDT at Scrapdango.
Their Contest was given a wedding theme with the following requirements:
--For something old, you must have something at least 6 months old
--For something new, you must use something from your newest stash
--For something borrowed, you must find any layout in the Scrapdango gallery
and "borrow" an idea from it, whether you lift the whole layout or just a
small part of it--be sure to let us know which layout you used.
--For some blue, you just have to have anything blue on your layout.
The transparancy, papers, lace, ribbon, flowers, safety pins, bling buckle, and stickers are all WAAAY over 6 months old. The thickers and pearl flourishes are all new. I used blue ribbons and there is also blue in the old stickers that I mounted on cs and pop-dotted. I "borrowed" the design (or I should say, was inspired) from DT member Keely Yowler's Seize The Day layout.

GO JOE was made for Michelle's Challenge 6 of Scrapbook Dreamers Can You Survive the Nightmare Blog Hop. Her challenge was based on the thriller movie "The Sixth Sense." In my layout, there are six people in the picture, six flag felt banners, six journaling strips, six brads, six black gemstones and six techniques (stitching, inking, distressing, hand journaling, matting and embellishing). I drew this sketch at work one night with this 8 1/2" x 11" picture in mind.

Now, onto the Carolina Crop. If you live in South Carolina or nearby, you won't want to miss Vivian's upcoming Carolina Crop at her workshop/home in Columbia/Lexington area on November 7, 2009. I have been to her workshop and let me tell you gals, it's incredible!! Enough crop tables to comfortably fit maybe 12 or more ladies (or you scrappy guys) and every single gadget/tool/die cut system known to man. I haven't gotten a confirmation on the exact crop time but I will guess around 5pm start time and we usually crop until we drop...lol. For directions and exact location address, please check out this SB.Com South Carolina link and pm Vivian or myself. I would love to meet other local scrappers and put actual faces to all these online user names from the blogs and forums.

I will be posting reminders as we get closer to the crop date. If someone lives in a town that I pass in going to Vivian's, I'll be happy to pick you up nearby. I drive I-77 South almost the whole way so if you live near I-77, let me know and we can car pool.

Hope to see you there!!!
Happy Tuesday :)

3 comments:

tania said...

very pretty layouts nikki.
have a nice day:)

Anonymous said...

love the math on your first layout!! :) it totally rocks.

hope you have a great day!

hugs,
sarah.

Brenda said...

OMGOSH your 2+1=3 LO is sooo beautiful!
Love the Sixth Sense colors and combined use of techniques and elements!
hugs
Brenda