Friday, March 19, 2010

Lots to share :)

It's almost 12:3oam but I have quite a lot of new layouts to share and wanted to post before I go to bed.

This first layout, Good Times, has one of my most favorite quotes. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out ;)


This second layout, Proud, was from a sketch by Beggahuna. I LOOOVE her sketches and had this one saved in my favorite's folder at sb.com for a long time now so I was happy to finally get it done. Loads of hand-stithcing on this one and Husband really loved it since it was one of his mother, my sweet MIL. October will make two years since we lost her and I'm still hurting but scrapping her helps.


Everyday is another whimsical layout with more Sassafrass papers. A little fancy cutting and some very old stickers from my stash helped me finish this one and I was pleased with this one too :)


For 2009, I wanted to try my hand at making some toilet paper flowers. This layout is based on a PageMaps Sketch. I always love PM and like how this one came out too:)


i LOVE PURE lime green is one of my favorite new layouts that I've created. Loads of green for this March creation and lots of my favs: stitching, ribbon, Prima flowers and gel alphas. I hand-cut the large paper flowers and I made the small flowers with pearl centers with my puncher. Really loved this one!


This 2-pager, MY Valentine Sweethearts, was made using lots of goodies I received from winning the Love Is In The Air Crop at Sassy Scrappers. I spent a lot of time prepping up the 2-pager with stitching, doodling, lace and such but then I thought I took the easy, lazy way out by only adding matted 4x6 pics and not doing anything special with them or changing the design up a bit. Kept it linear and simple and I liked it better before I put any pictures on it...lol. Ok, I'm wierd. I know...lol.


This last layout is for Helen's March Sketch Challenge on her blog, Scrap A Little. I tried to pick colors and patterned paper that reminded me of Mexico and not so new since these pics are from 2002 but I ended up not liking it much at all. Not sure where I went wrong but it's done and I'm not one to tear apart and start over so.... there ya go ;)


Hope you guys have a wonderful Friday and as always, your comments are treasured and appreciated :D

Nik

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

great layouts Nikki. You don't have to love every layout that you do however. Good job in getting your photos onto layouts! and kudos for using up stash!!

Ann Arbogast said...

Great layouts Nikki. I wish i could sit down and pop out at least 5 layouts. Things have been going slow for me lately.

Teri said...

These layouts are gorgeous! :)

The Sonboul's said...

Cute stuff. i love the outlining on the Everyday title :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! girl!!! u have been busy!!! these are all amazing!!!! love them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cindy Groh said...

Great LO's Nikki. I really like the Good Times one. You have been busy:)

Cheryl Boglioli said...

Girl, you have been busy. Wonderful layouts. I left you something on my blog:
http://cherylswindow.blogspot.com/2010/03/im-brightened-again.html

Marcie said...

Gorgeous work, really love the button frame on the first layout!

Anonymous said...

Cute layouts! I wish I could just sit and do that many layouts. I am lucky to get 1 or 2 completed at a time.