Saturday, September 22, 2012

I'm Baaaaaack!

It has been more than a year since I have scrapped and I am missing it terribly. It's time to dive back in and start catching up. I have visited my faithful Scrapbook.com site and have uploaded my latest creations and entered a couple of them in their Challenges. I have also joined the Let's Scrap community and entered a couple of their Design Team Challenges as well. Here are two layouts I created for Let's Scrap Sketch Challenges:
I used Sketch 09-12-12 to create this two-pager. Requirements were that it had to contain a picture of me along with a friend or family member, AND it had to contain a quote. Here is my take. I'm sorry for the quality of this picture. I took it with my son's Ipad and the lighting is bad. I went with my ol' faithfuls: stitching, ribbon, and flowers. I chose a two-page sketch since I have so many pictures from this competition and need to get them all scrapped. I'm not thrilled with it but it's a start and I think it will take me a little time to find my groove again.
I like "Live by example" a little better. More stitching, of course, but I used a Nikki Sivils blue envelope that contained tags as a mat instead of tossing it. I love how it curved the side of the picture to compliment the large circle patterned paper that I used. I chose paper/silk flowers, epoxy flowers, buttons, and sticker embellies and I've added the date in the NS journal tag before I put it in the album. This picture was taken the day before Mother's Day. My youngest daughter and her Forestry pageant sister, Abbie, gave out Mother's Day corsages to the residents at White Oak Manor assisted living home in York, SC. I have more pictures from this event and will add more journaling on the upcoming layouts I make with these pictures.
"So proud of you" is my favorite so far. I used machine stitching and hand stitching, stickers, buttons, ribbon, staples, paper flowers, felt banner, and paint. I really like how it turned out ;) Today, I am heading over to a dear, sweet scrappin' friend's blog, Delaina Farr Burns Embellished Memories. She has shared the latest sketch from My Creative Sketches and I am going to try and create a page using it. Check out her take!!! It is FABULOUS!!! Hope I can do it justice. Thanks for all the luv and advice, Delaina, and helping me get my fingers sticky again ;) Be back later this evening with my take ;)

No comments: