Friday, October 17, 2008

Good Afternoon Scrappers!

Trying to get some layouts done before I have to pick up kiddies from school and get ready for work. Yes I said WORK! I go back to work today after being off for three weeks! Hope I haven't forgotten how to do my job ;) hehehe.
I just finished this layout for the Dixie Piece's Birthday Bash Crop and I also used some Your Memories By Design products in it. This is a layout inspired by an Ad posted for the challenge for today. They are posting challenges daily to celebrate their birthday. How fun and Happy 1st Birthday Dixie Pieces!!! This is my five year old son in a very rare moment of stillness. His nickname is "Turbo" so I don't have to tell you how shocked I was to capture this shot. He's never still. I always wonder what he's thinking about when I look at this picture and I started to make that the title but liked "in deep thought" a lot better. This is the Ad that we were to use for inspiration:
How cool is this?? I loved the swirls and whimsical feel of it. It has a linear design too and Kristie Bentley has helped me discover that I am a linear scrapper. I always struggled with trying to figure out what my style is and I thought I was a "clean line" kind of gal and she reinterated it. Thanks Kristie!
Hope on over to Dixie Pieces and give these challenges a try :) I had a ball making this one!
Hope your day is a creative one!
Nik

4 comments:

Jane F. Smith said...

Thanks girl..........I love your blog too!!

Erika said...

I love the LO and pic of "Turbo"!! Super cute title!!

Jodee said...

Great job with this LO! So cool and such neat inspiration!

Shirley said...

Love all the elements and colours on your LO!