Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Layouts for Challenges Part II

I haven't blogged in a couple of days. I went to Vivian's (my scrappin' buddy from sb.com) crop on Saturday and had an awesome time with her. Here are some new layouts for the Dixie Piece's Birthday Bash Crop going on through the month of October. Please come check it out and join in on the fun.

This one is my youngest daughter. I can't believe how fast she is growing, sniff... sniff. I used Basic Grey and Love Elsie papers here and K & Co. stickers for the title. The design is a sketch by Ginnifer at Dixie Piece's. Here's her blog:


I loved this sketch and plan on doing more layouts with it!
For this one, I needed to incorporate the words to one of my favorite songs. I chose Brad Paisley's "We Danced." To take a listen, it is the second to the last song on my Playlist. The picture is me and my husband dancing for the very first time at a Christmas party. I wouldn't have believed it on the day the picture was taken, but we married almost one year to the date of the party. This was actually the first night we REALLY talked. We had been working together for many years but really didn't know each other. We became friends on this night. I used Autumn Leaves papers, buttons and journaling box rub-on. The acrylic letters are Heidi Swap and I bought the lace ribbon from JoAnn's $1 bin. I used my last acrylic heart I got from Your Memories By Design. I've had that red heart puffy ribbon FOREVER so I love it when I can break into the "old stash." I wish I would have written in pretty cursive in the journal box but I'll have to just accept it the way it is :D I really love this picture because he and I were so young and thin and had no idea what we would become in just a short time. In this picture, we are just two friends dancing and enjoying the moment.

This one was a tough one for me. Since Dixie Piece's is celebrating their 1st birthday, the "1" Challenge was to use one of the following: cardstock, patterned paper, ribbon, additional embellishment of your choice, word in your title, picture on the layout, person in the picture, journaling spot, and color. I think the hardest part about this one was making it a monochromatic. I chose one sheet of American Crafts double sided paper to make it look like there were two sheets instead of one. I also stamped a good bit to make it look like there was more patterns on the layout. I chose the metal tag as my additional item and the button is the little feet on the bottom. I stamped and cut out a ticket to also make it look like there was more elements on the page. I stamped the journal box on vellum and cut it out and added Ranger's glossy accent to the polka dots on the patterned paper to give it more dimension. I thought the ribbon looked like her polka's on her bathing suit.
Thanks for taking a peek and I hope you are having a creative day!
Nik

No comments: